Monday 9 May 2011

Turning Twenteen!

For the last few months I have been going on about how much I really don't want to turn 20! I'm quite happy being a teen! I keep thinking about how turning 20 means I'm now an adult which scares me. It also makes me question what I have done with my life so far? I am studying performing arts and am only at the very beginning. I know people who are younger than me and are 2/3 years above me. I keep thinking why did I take 3 years out of education to work? What was the point? all it did was bring me problems and now set me behind in my goal to make it on stage! Life is so short, Every decision is vital! I could feel my self sliding back into depression every time someone mentioned the fact my birthday was coming up. and to be totally honest it makes me feel stupid being so sensitive about it I mean it's not like you just change over night because your age has! You're still you right?


Friday 6th May was the day! I turned 20 and realized it didn't hurt, I didn't feel any different! It was just the same as any other day! Why did I get so worked up about it? Why did I think it was going to be any different? Needless to say I had a fantastic day! Sat and watched a box set with my sisters all morning went to college in the afternoon and drank all night! The next day I did wake up hurting but that was due to the amount of alcohol consumed the night before! 


Conclusion:
Age is but a number! You are the person you are because of the actions you choose to take in life not because you are now catagorised as an "adult". Things come to those who wait, be patient it's all about how hard you work for something not how quickly you get through everything. Live young Feel young. I may now be at the age where I am now treated like an adult but I will always be Twenteen!

No comments:

Post a Comment